Logitech G915 Has The Feature Of Being A Wireless And Mechanical Keyboard. Here is the Logitech G915 Review. So is the Logitech G915 really useful?
Logitech has received a lot of praise for the “HERO” sensor and the “LIGHTSPEED” wireless technology in recent months. Now the manufacturer wants to take the market for mechanical gaming keyboards to the next level. The new “Logitech G915” combines all current keyboard trends: a flat design (including float switches), customizable RGB lighting and delay-free radio. We put the keyboard to the test!
About Logitech G
Logitech G, a brand of Logitech International, is the world’s leading provider of PC and console gaming peripherals. Logitech G offers industry-leading keyboards, mice, headsets, mousepads, and simulation products to all gamers. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss stock corporation listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
• Layout: DE
• Type: mechanical
• Switch name: Kaihua GL Clicky
• Lighting: Multi-Color (RGB), each key individually
• Key height: flat
• Key shape: straight
• Status display: Capslock
• Housing: aluminum and plastic
• Connection: wired (1.8m), USB 2.0, wireless (2.40GHz, Bluetooth)
• Power supply: battery
• Dimensions (WxHxD): 475x22x150mm
• Weight: 1.02kg
• Special features: volume control, 9 multimedia buttons (5 programmable), several Bluetooth profiles that can be changed by button, removable USB cable (USB Micro-B)
• Switch manufacturer: Kaihua
• Switch module: GL Switch (Choc)
• Switch model: Clicky (White)
• Switching characteristics: low profile, tactile
• Contact feedback: click
• Attenuation: without
• Actuating force: 45.89cN (± 10.20cN tolerance) ~ 45.00gf (± 10.00gf tolerance)
• Key travel: 3.00mm (± 0.50mm tolerance)
• Pressure point force: 61.18cN (± 10.20cN tolerance) ~ 60.00gf (± 10.00gf tolerance)
• Pre-travel: 1.50mm (± 0.50mm tolerance)
• Lifespan: 70Mio. attacks
Price: 247 euros (as of 19.09.2019)
• Mainboard: ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme
• Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X @ 16x 4.0 GHz
• RAM: Ballistix Elite DIMM Kit 32GB, DDR4-3000
• Graphics card: Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP
• Processor cooler: Enermax LiqTech TR4 240
• Power supply: Seasonic Snow Silent 1050W
• Sound card: Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5
• Hard disks: Toshiba OCZ RD400 512GB, M.2
• Housing: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
• Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
• Monitor: LG Electronics 34UC79G-B
• Room temperature: approx. 21 ° C
• Other: various computer games (genre: tactics, MMO and shooter)
Processing & Switch
The metallic gray keyboard measures 475x22x150 mm (WxHxD) and weighs just over a kilogram. The aluminum top not only gives the keyboard a classy and high-quality look but also reliably protects it from (minor) scratches and dirt. A metal strut inside additionally strengthens the construction. The free-standing buttons make cleaning very easy by hand, as you can easily reach almost any point. The torsional stiffness of the keyboard does not give cause for criticism either, nothing creaks or wobbles here. The flat keycaps are made of ABS plastic with “laser cut” lettering.
Rubberized folding feet on the back ensure a non-slip way of working. The angle of inclination of the input device can also be adjusted in two stages. The detachable USB-MicroUSB charging cable for charging the integrated battery is 1.8 meters long. There is no palm rest due to the extremely flat design. We could not find any processing defects in our test sample.
Logitech GL switch
According to Logitech, three years of development time have been invested in the modern gaming keyboard. Much of this time was spent optimizing the new low-profile switches, known as GL switches. The well-known company Kailh is responsible for the production of the switches, which also explains the similarities to the well-known ML Chocolates.
There are three different GL types available for the Logitech G915: “GL Linear” offers a soft keystroke, while “GL Tactile” is aimed at players and provides more feedback. The third variant, “GL Clicky”, has an audible keystroke and the tactile feedback of the Tactile button. The actuation travel is 1.5 mm at 50 g release pressure and a total key journey of just 2.7 mm. Accordingly, only flat keycaps are used, which contributes to the compact design. But you don’t have to do without adaptable RGB lighting. The fact that the switches only generate a minimal amount of reverberation within the housing is also pleasing (lower volume when typing). The manufacturer states that the service life is 70 million clicks.
Equipment & practice
Our test sample can be used either via Bluetooth (small delay), Lightspeed (only one-millisecond delay) or USB cable. Practical: You can switch between the two types of wireless connection at any time using the function key. The built-in battery offers a running time of almost 30 hours when fully lit. Without RGB bling, you get a lush 135 hours. A small LED on the keyboard conveniently shows the charge level.
The new Logitech G915 offers the full RGB spectacle: Customizable individual key lighting and various lighting modes. The brightness of the LEDs can also be adjusted.
The rest of the equipment is also impressive: five dedicated macro buttons on the left, three profile buttons (including a separate on-the-fly macro recording button), various media buttons (forward, back, play/pause, mute ), a wide roller to control the volume, a game mode button (deactivate Windows button) and a button for the lighting intensity. N-KRO (infinite number of keystrokes simultaneously) naturally also supports our test pattern.
In the in-house gaming software, you can create macros including timings and completely adjust the lighting (colour and modes; each key individually). Also, macros can be recorded on the fly.
All settings can be saved on the internal memory (three profiles).
Our test pattern was automatically recognized under Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.
The keyboard does very well in every day (gamer) life. The precise and tactile keystroke impressed us particularly during games. But even a prolific writer will enjoy using the keyboard.
Price and availability
The Logitech G915 Lightspeed is now available in stores for 247 euros (as of September 30, 2020)